Practice Areas: Competition, Regulatory and EU, Litigation and Arbitration, Finance, Tax, Real Estate, Criminal, Sanctions and Compliance, Intellectual Property and Information Technology, Public and Environment, Restructuring and Insolvency, Corporate and M&A, Employment
Type: Abreu News
Abreu Advogados strengthens its position in the Legal 500 with seven new additions
The law firm was recognised in the results published by Legal 500 and reinforces its leadership position among the main national law firms, having been awarded Tier 1 status in the areas of Real Estate and Construction, Tax, Intellectual Property and Angola: foreign firm.
The Legal 500 Directory has published its results for 2023 and Abreu Advogados is, once again, in the top tier of the main practice areas analysed, having been ranked as a Top Tier Firm in Real Estate and Construction, Tax, Intellectual Property and Angola: foreign firm.
The law firm also received a Tier 2 award in the areas of Banking and Finance, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Employment, Energy and Natural Resources, Projects and Project Finance, Transport, Porto: Leading Commercial Firms and Mozambique: foreign firm.
In the categories of Data Privacy and Data Protection, EU & Competition Law, Fraud and White Collar Crime, Insolvency and Restructuring, Public Law and TMT, Abreu Advogados was recognised in Band 3 and, finally, in Capital Markets, in Band 4.
Abreu Advogados has once again strengthened its position, with robustness and resilience, with the recognition of this directory in 18 different categories in Portugal, 2 in Mozambique and 1 in Angola.
The Legal 500 results also acknowledged the individual performance of Abreu Advogados lawyers. In the distinctions, 23 lawyers are referred, and from these, 7 represented an increase in this ranking: Tiago Mendonça de Castro is Leading Individuals; João Bravo da Costa, Maria de Deus Botelho and Sofia Silva e Sousa are Next Generation Partners; Rui Ferreira de Almeida is Rising Star; and Ana Grosso Alves and Nuno Luís Sapateiro rose from Rising Stars to Next Generation Partner.
- Alexandra Courela is Leading Individual in Tax
- Alexandra Nascimento Correia is Next Generation Partner in Dispute Resolution
- Ana Grosso Alves moves from Raising Star to Next Generation Partner in Fraud and White-collar Crime
- António Andrade is Leading Individual in Intellectual Property
- Carmo Sousa Machado is Leading Individual in Employment
- Francisco Patrício is Leading Individual in Restructuring & Insolvency
- João Bravo da Costa is Next Generation Partner in Dispute Resolution
- José Carlos Vasconcelos is Next Generation Partner in Porto Leading Firms
- Manuel Durães Rocha is a Leading Individual in Intellectual Property
- Manuel Santos Vítor is a Leading Individual in Corporate/M&A and Energy and Natural Resources
- Maria de Deus Botelho is a Next Generation Partner at Porto Leading Firms
- Maria Dulce Soares is a Leading Individual in Porto Leading Firms
- Miguel Teixeira de Abreu belongs to the Tax Hall of Fame
- Nuno Luís Sapateiro promoted from Raising Star to Next Generation Partner in Transports
- Patrícia Viana is Next Generation Partner in Real Estate and Construction
- Pedro Barosa remains Next Generation Partner in Fraud and White Collar Crime
- Pedro Ferreira Malaquias is Leading Individual in Banking and Finance
- Rodrigo Formigal is Next Generation Partner in Banking and Finance
- Rui Ferreira de Almeida is a Rising Star in Energy and Natural Resources
- Sofia Silva e Sousa is Next Generation Partner in Employment
- Tiago Mendonça de Castro is a Leading Individual in Real Estate and Construction
- Zara Jamal is a Leading Individual in Mozambique Foreign Firm
The legal innovation and excellence of Abreu Advogados’ performance were recognised by the most recent edition of the Legal 500. The results presented in the renowned legal directory are the result of an independent assessment of the work carried out in 2021, gathering information from clients and peers. This directory evaluates firms in 150 jurisdictions, comparing them in order to obtain a global vision of the legal market.