The finance law practice area develops its activity with great awareness of the transformations taking place in the industry resulting from new market players, the introduction of new business models, and most especially, the technological and digital impact that FinTech has been enhancing.
From the range of services we provide, we highlight the following:
- Advising financial intermediaries and insurance brokers and intermediaries, on matters involving supervisory entities, prudential and conduct of business in these areas.
- Incorporation, registration, compliance and representation of domestic and foreign institutions before the corresponding supervisory authorities, as well as in administrative and judicial proceedings.
- Advising on the structuring and setting up of credit operations, including real estate finance and project finance (representing banks or bank syndicates as well as large companies on domestic and cross-border transactions).
- Financial Asset Management (incorporation, management, placement of investment funds, pension funds, venture capital funds, asset management and brokerage) and insurance (new products and compliance issues both at the level of the supervising authorities and retail).
- Advising on the creation of E-banking products, including support in the implementation and structuring of FinTech services.
- Advising on the issuance and trading of cryptocurrency, as well as on the structuring of cryptocurrency trading platforms.
- Assisting in the implementation of operations for the transmission of performing and non-performing loans’ (NPL’s) credit portofolios (representing the transferee or the transferor), including asset due diligence, advising on the legal structure of the transactions, contracts and closing.
- Advising on banking and financial cross-border transactions.
- Advising on operations related to issuance of securities, including covered bonds, commercial paper, high yield bonds and other asset-backed transactions.
- Setting up structures that involve derivative financial instruments.
- Advising on the negotiation and execution of derivative contracts (i.e. ISDA, ISMA).
- Legal opinions on the provision of guarantees and adissibility of risk hedging operations.
- Matters related to the admission, negotiation and settlement of operations in derivatives exchanges.
- Securitization operations (including incorporation of securitization companies).
- Issuing and placing securities and structured products.
- Admission, negotiation and settlement of operations in regulated markets (spot or forward).
- Acquisition of securities through public or private offerings (mandatory or voluntary).
- Advising issuers, investors and financial brokers in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and market disclosures – including representation before supervisory authorities and in administrative and judicial procedures.
Advising a Portuguese bank in the transfer process of part of the share capital of its wholly-owned insurance company.
Advising a Portuguese financial intermediary on establishing a services provision operation and related investment activities using shares and derivative financial instruments through an e-platform.
Advising an Angolan capital investment group on the privatization process of a Portuguese bank.
Advising lending institutions on banking and financial products, such as term loan agreements, revolving credit facilities, documentay credit, bank guarantees, mortgages, promissory notes, cheques, factoring, finance leasing, current bank accounts, term deposits, portfolio management, etc.
Advising several financial institutions on the organization and structuring of issuing financial instruments, particularly shares, bonds, notes, commercial paper and structured products by private or public subscription.
Advising on the reorganization of banking groups.
Advising several financial institutions on structuring complex financial instruments.
Advising several financial institutions on regulatory matters and monitoring regulatory matters before the supervisory entities.